International Trucking Training

A plethora of truck driving schools throughout the country offer training courses for drivers wishing to learn how to be an international commercial truck driver. These courses teach everything from safety to cross-border guidelines.


Truck driving classes cover everything from skid steering to dangerous cargo carrying and safety guidelines. Students typically receive a certificate upon graduation but still must pass a test to receive a specialty license. Most transportation training schools offer training programs that specialize in a variety of courses including basic, commercial, heavy equipment and tractor trailer truck driving. These courses can range from as little as six weeks to as long as four months.

Cross-Border Training

Be sure the school you choose covers cross-border training. This is important if you plan to drive commercial trucks internationally. Organizations such as the Texas Engineering Extension Service (TEEX) and trucking professionals from Guadalajara and Mexico have teamed up to offer cross-border training to truck drivers in the United States and Mexico. Cross-border courses cover everything from picking up and delivering international cargo to the laws involved with the procedures.

Additional Requirements

Upon completion of training courses, students must pass an exam to receive a class E, F or G license before driving for a commercial company. In addition, to drive internationally, drivers must have a passport, a border-crossing card and may be required to have other documents depending upon the countries to and from which they traveling.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *